Thursday, August 30, 2012

Black Widow Peach






Something fun for all ages. Click here for larger pic.



As with most of my work, this one's been brewing for quite some time and I recently decided to tackle it.



Click below to read the full story behind the piece.



The idea for this piece began 6 years ago with a series of unique fanart sketches.


It was sort of 'what if X was drawn realistically?' style of art, which was a genre of fanart just starting to blossom at the time. I gave my take on Peach and gave her a dark little twist, with goth dress and all.

At one point, I even developed a full pledged fanfic comic based on the same concept, which quickly fell apart because as I've wrote recently, drawing a comic is a massive commitment, and it's hard as fuck. The story was going to be sweet. Revenge epic and all. But then again, I was pretty much incapable of pulling off such feat.

Anyways, I was rather fond of the sketch and decided to develop it further.



But at the time, my painting skill was pretty much hit-or-miss. I felt I lost direction after about half an hour and gave up on it.


Fast forward 6 years and I felt bit more confident, attempting to finish the piece again. If you've been reading my blog, you know I keep stuff around for later. Even the stuff I finished, so I can finish them again later. (wat)


...but then got lost again, which took me few more month to solidify the concept and what I wanted to do with the piece.



Fast forward few months again and I finally nailed the concept, incorporating many of the element from the story I previously developed (but never made). I gave the piece a whole gang-war vibe and I felt it worked quite well.


And so after 6 years (and 2 months and 9 days), the piece finally saw its own end. Good for you, Peach.


That is all. Back to working on the comic for me.